Waste & Recycling
We are aiming for zero waste to landfill from our own activities through sustainable waste management. Please help us meet this goal by separating your waste and recycling it rather than putting the lot in the same bin. If you can think of any ways we could improve please let us know. If in doubt please ask.
Find out more about what we are doing in the B&B and on the campsite below.
- Instead of little single use plastic bottles of toiletries we use refillable bottles for our handwash, shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner.
- Tea, coffee and sugar in the rooms is presented in refillable glass jars.
- A small jug is provided to collect fresh milk from the fridge in the guest lounge.
- Likewise at breakfast we have eliminated excessive packaging for the butter and preserves.
- We provide a fridge in the guest lounge so you can keep your food fresher for longer.
Extensive recycling and waste disposal facilities are provided at the rear of the shed in the Hay Meadow. It will make your life much easier if you separate your general waste from your recyclables at your pitch and have a separate container for each. We don’t like going through your rubbish bags in the wheelie bin to separate out all the food waste, beer bottles, cans and plastic packaging.
If you have any leftover food that is within date and you don’t want to take home please do not dispose of it in the general waste. You can take it to the Community Larder in Moretonhampstead, leave it in the camper’s kitchen or give it to us.
Please take any camping equipment you no longer want home again for disposal, even if it is broken.
We compost nearly all our organic waste and use it to improve our soil. As well as the usual garden waste this includes any of our own leftover food (excluding meat products), chicken bedding, paper hand towels etc. We operate a 3 bay compost heap which is turned regularly.